The Galaxy S5, as we all know, is the new Samsung-powered flagship with a stunning performance of 2.5Ghz. And now, you are watching the complete tutorial to root this beast. It's easy. But before you start, ensure you have the European version (SM-G900F), otherwise you can brick your device and the tutorial will not work.
- Rooting voids your warranty and increases your flash counter.
- If you brick your device - don't throw it on me. It's all up to you (of course I'll give you a help hand if you ask me).
- Enable USB debugging in developer options
- Properly install the drivers
- Optionaly backup your files and stuff
- Odin (download newest version)
- DOWNLOAD the package and extract it.
- Switch off your SGS5 and get it to download mode. To do this, press Volume down + Home + Power button at once for a few seconds. If you can see the warning triangle, press the Volume Up.
- Open Odin and connect your device to PC using a USB cable. (Be sure to run Odin in administrator mode)
- If you can see the COM number with an ID box, you have successfully connected your device and you're ready to root it.
- Click on the PDA Button and select the package you downloaded in the first step. (CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.tar.md5)
- Check the PDA, Auto-reboot and F.reset time. Everything except these three boxes are unchecked.
- Click the start button.
- See the PASS message? Good job. You've successfully rooted your SGS5. You may reboot your device now.
Thanks to Chainfire @ XDA Thread
If you have any problems, drop me a comment, I'll try to do my best.