+Bartosz Ponurkiewicz, known as bponury, the creator of awesome hacking and spoofing apps like Faceniff or Wifikill, has also created the TouchControl app - an awesome, useful, yet very simple app letting you to take control over your phone's screen while it's off.
You can enable the screen by various gestures:
- Slide2wake (slide the finger to wake your phone up)
- Slide2lock (lock your device by sliding your finger)
- Slide2media_next (skips song by sliding)
- touch2wake (wakes the screen by touching)
- doubletap2wake ("knock knock" G2's feature)
The app is currently available for Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 (2013). It also works only with custom kernel supporting this feature (check here).
App is available on Google Play Store for about 3.2$ but if you're not sure about purchase, you can get the free version to try out the functions.