To fully protect against attacks, you better find out how the hackers actually do their work. It's not that hard - basiclly, they are sniffing the packets "on air" and start capturing them. This method can be done either on PC (Aircrack/airodump/airmon) on Android (dSploit,droidsniff..). However, even the best apps (we're talking about Android now) cannot break through some defences. Let's see what defences and how to use them.
- One of the best defences is using the HTTPS protocol. With this, the sent packets are encrypted and hard to encrypt. Favourite method to break through this is SSLStrip.
- Next very vulnerable protection is VPN/Proxy. These methods are Pc-friendly but if you want to use the VPN on your Android phone also, use for example THIS site.
- Use a good browser such as Chrome, Mozilla and others, which can head off the attack.
- Use your brain and don't browse on unsecured websites.
- Most of Android hacking apps are not working on Applications, for example - Facebook app. If you're up to browse the wall, choose your app and not the browser.
- Definitely NOT browse on websites with unauthenticated certificate.
- Don't connect on non-password secured WiFi's, this may cost your password and more.
- Download THIS app which can check the ARP-Cache and tell you, if there's attack and automaticlly protect you against it.