Besides the same display, look, hardware keys the S2 Plus version has a Broadcom processor chip and a Broadcom VideoCore GPU. The "Plus" version also has NFC. Although these models are almost the same, there's a big difference in available ROMs and rooting methods. This simple guide will help you to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus running version 4.1.1 or 4.2.2+.
- This method is for i9105P version - be sure you have only this version by settings -> about phone.
- Download Odin. I recommend the latest version.
- Get the ClockWorkMod recovery HERE. (By droidviews.com) If you're running Android 4.2.2, get THIS recovery. (Put this file to your SD-card) (If you're from India, follow the FAQ).
- Next, download the SuperUser package (flashable zip) HERE. (Put this file to your SD-card)
- Turn on USB Debugging at -> settings -> developer options.
Be Sure -
- Your battery level is up to 80% at least (to avoid sudden restarts during the rooting)
- Samsung Kies is closed during the operation (if you don't have Kies, do not panic - you don't need it.)
- You have drivers! (Original Samsung drivers are needed including the ADB).
Rooting - (Installing the CWM Recovery)
- Turn off your phone and boot it up to download mode. To do this, press and hold volume down + home + power button at the same time for a few seconds.
- Proceed you want to get into download mode.
- Launch the Odin from your computer and connect your phone booted into download mode to your PC via USB Cabel.
- Wait till the program detects your device and says Added! to the log.
- Uncheck the AutoReboot option.
- Click on PDA and select "GT-I9105P-recovery-droidviews.tar" file.
- Tap on Start.
- If you done everything right, you should see the PASS! message.
- You can close Odin. Disconnect your phone from the PC and pull the battery out to shut it off.
- Do not turn the device on.
- You just installed the ClockWorkMod recovery on your device! Now you need to root it by installing the SuperSU package.
Rooting - (Now It's really rooting.)
- After installing the recovery, you need to get into recovery mode to use it for flashing the zip.
- Press and hold volume up + power button + home button at the same time. (The recovery is bugged a bit, so you need to release it and then press it again - you'll see.)
- Choose install zip from sdcard. (use volume keys to scroll up/down)
- Now choose choose zip from sdcard. Select "UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.30.zip"
- After isntalling, choose reboot system now option.
- You're done!
- I can't see the Added! message - Odin doesn't recognize my device.
- You didn't properly install the drivers.
- I am stuck at NAND Write!
- Extract the GT-i9105P-recovery-droidviews.tar file and try to flash again.
- Today's my bad day and nothing works!
- Odin has a lot of known issues - try to reboot your PC, change the USB input (try the back side of the PC), uninstall the current version of Odin and try another.
- I am from India and the recovery doesn't work for me!
- Then you should download the recovery image for Indian versions HERE.
- Odin gives me FAIL! message everytime I try to flash!
- Try to reboot your PC, change the USB port or download THIS recovery and try it again.
- I am running Android 4.2.2 and I cannot get into recovery mode.
- Be sure you flashed the right file.